.With the release of my epic motor compilations, the comments have kind of gotten out of hand on those two videos. Because of this, I believe that I should clarify some things about commenting on my videos.
My policy is simple: I reserve the right to remove any comment for any reason.
Generally, I am pretty lenient on most comments, and I welcome your feedback and reaction to my content without approval. I have removed comments for including but not limited to the following:
(1) Anything that falls under telling me how to film elevators or run my channel (aka destructive criticism).
(2) Multiple comments from the same user on the same video (multiple replies to existing comments are ok). One comment per video please.
(3) Anything that appears to be spam. Lots of similar comments on the same or different videos may be considered spam. Repeated requests may fall under this category.
(4) Comments or replies that are off-topic or don't pertain to the video in any way. This applies to comment threads and replies to existing comments as well.
(5) Comments that contain profanity will not necessarily be removed, but I will deal with it on a case-by-case basis. I work on keeping my channel appropriate for all ages, so you are expected to keep your comments appropriate for all ages.
(6) Comments containing questions with replies disabled. I can't answer it!
Repeated violations of any of the above may result in your channel being banned from commenting.
Keep in mind that I try to hold myself to these same standards when commenting on your videos, so please do the same for mine.
Fortunately, a majority of the comments on my videos are OK and are reassuring if what I do. The following (including but not limited to) types of comments I strongly encourage and appreciate getting:
(1) Comments intended to start a discussion or add to a discussion about the video.
(2) Comparisons of the featured elevator or elevators to elevators you have filmed (on elevator videos) or similar.
(3) Reactions to the video that are clean and appropriate.
(4) Compliments and complaints (The latter allows me to take constructive criticism).
(5) Anything that I ask you to do in the comments within the video (e.g. questions about elevators, voting on epic motors...etc).
Comments intended to point out spelling and grammatical errors are usually removed after the error is fixed.
In conclusion, some may say that this is unfair, but to be let everything go would be unfair not only to me, but to those who comment legitimately and those who don't comment. I prefer to keep my channel family friendly, and I can't do that with inappropriate comments.